The (paternal P1) father is my Cherry Malawi; a hybrid of landrace Malawi I acquired from South Africa over a decade ago from “Tokestar”. And my old F3 Cherry Bomb out of Hawaii, also acquired over a decade ago. This male brings some serious resistances, vigor, and heartiness to the hybrid; along with massive resin production and high yields. Also, the Cherry Malawi is well known for creeper/intense potency with effects that last 4 hours easily and imparts exotic honeysuckle terpenes to the whole flavors and smells side of things.
The (maternal P1) female, KOS’s own Moonshine Skunk; a 2-way hybrid of Deep Chunk and Skunk (Red Russian Skunk) both are long IBL lines with severe goodness across a wide bandwidth. The terpenes are acrid in this hybrid, skunky and honey-oil/fuel with colossal amounts of resin produced on huge stalked trichomes.
The Malawi Moonshine will no doubt get fairly large outdoors (untested outdoors as of yet) or given a high energy environment. This hybrid is really “The Clash of the Titans” bringing together long inbred lines from all over the world. The Skunk line is the original as far as I know, and I was there when Skunk became a thing. I call my Skunk “Red Russian Skunk” because before it was called Skunk, it was called Red Russian. A very long IBL (inbred line). The Malawi, straight from South African local cannabis farm, to me. Super exotic from terpenes to effects, super drought tolerance and wild-child vigor with tons of resin. Last but not least, the very long IBL from Afghanistan, the Deep Chunk—wicked exotic phenotypes will abound.
I ran two different phenotype female Malawi Moonshine recently. They grew fairly classic sativa style (Christmas Tree) one phenotype had a much higher calyx to leaf ratio, but it also yielded about 10% less. Both shared super exotic flavors that were butterscotch with an orange/citrus background that is sharper, it’s magically delicious. The potency of both was very high, and the ride was intense with that old school “freight train” quality and lasting strong and long—2.5 hours solid peak for me.
The high is the kind that comes on slowly over the course of about 10-15 minutes, then stays solid for at least a couple of hours with a nice dreamy smooth come-down over the course of 30 minutes or so. This is straight up muse herbs, really complex and creative to the max. Any artists dream-weeds for reals, I think. To me it is very introvertedly oriented, not in a paranoia kind of way, but rather the ride is a serious inward journey, personal, artistic.
Not sleepy at all, not a heavy munchie-type either, although anything you do eat while under her influence will be amazeballs! She delivers a mean case of red-eye, good dose of cottonmouth, and damn decent head rushes. Super happy up high, no paranoia or edginess but still quite motivating.
Points to Consider Growing Malawi Moonshine Hybrid:
- I wouldn’t recommend growing this outdoors along the coast, or where any kind of morning fog or mist is a thing. She may be alright with limited exposure, but I would advise against it.
- She will do extremely well in dry environments and can even handle some hard-core drought stress; and snap back like a champ. She has the Malawi and the Afghani leading the charge here.
- Indoors she does very well, high vigor and strong branching makes her a good candidate for nets when topped. Long colas are pretty sativa like and not rock hard dense.
- I would really watch out not to over-water this baybee.
- I would recommend for the maximum complexity of the resin profile to harvest these plants when the resin heads are about 30-35% amber overall.
- If you are an all-natural grower using living soil, you will be fully able to appreciate the complex terpenes here with the butterscotch and the orange citrus background/finish. Ends up with cream soda or orange cream soda in your mouth when all is said and done.
SPECIAL GROWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Please do not sprout these on a 24/0 photoperiod and KOS recommends a photoperiod of 16/8 for sprouting and until 30 days old Never use a 24/0 photoperiod. Always allow plants (or clones of plants; and clones are the same age that the seed plant would be no matter how many clones of clones) to get at least 60 days old from sprouting, before starting to flower for maximum resin production. KOS always recommends organically growing our gear for the full appreciation of smells and flavors.
The Malawi Moonshine is a true exotic and a must have for any true sativa dominant hybrid connoisseur, in my opinion. Stupendous! Grows very sativa like and needs a lighter touch when it comes to “feeding” her in good soil (living soil).
10 SEEDS PER PACK